You see, Fall descended on Sacramento last weekend in the form of a beautiful, beyond-needed rainstorm. It was all thunder and sheets of water and rainbows. Naturally, we required soup. And biscuits. Lots of biscuits in my case.
Of course, the crispy weather lasted for only a day or two before the high 80s came back and I got to reflecting on the last lovely bits of Summer. For an it's-been-so-long-I-might-have-forgotten-how Thursday 13, I present an End-of-Summer snapshot of life around these parts...
1. A recent photo:
3. Current worry: Getting it all done. Work research projects. House projects. Flight hours and exams. Overdue (in my mind) journal articles. Job apps. Lesson plans. Argh.
Parade of 1,000 Flags, a 9/11 memorial.
5. Just finished: "Until I Say Goodbye." An incredible read with slight side effects, like me planning my own funeral, ahem.
6. A point of pride: I'm teaching a couple classes at Sacramento State this Fall. My students in "Critical Analysis of Messages" are knocking my socks off lately. Such a smart group! It's so fun to teach when students are engaged with the material and discussions.
7. Something exciting: After a couple hiccups this summer, we're finally on our way to revamping the Back 40, our erstwhile backyard pile of weeds. Our landscaper designer dude came over last weekend and is drawing plans as we speak.
|The Unlimited Gold line-up--the fastest of the fast--at the 50th National Championship Reno Air Races.|
|My first completely independent flight with empty right|
11. Something I'm grateful for: Facetime! Thanks to that neat invention, I get to see my newborn niece who lives across the country on a regular basis.
12. A new recipe: Salted caramel and nutella stuffed double chocolate chip cookies. Sounds convoluted, yes, but the end product: phenomenal.
13. Something I'm looking forward to: My Brooklynite sister Brenda Lynn just bought a plane ticket for Thanksgiving... and she's bringing her boyfriend out West for the first time. Is it November yet??
Other Thursday 13s: