The pretty things I see while lost

A little morning jaunt in 20-something degree weather thanks to my terrible directional skills.
I swear, it's not a real visit to a big city unless I get lost on public transit. And today's first adventure in Chicago on my own was no different.

I was so proud of myself for catching the bus on time, and even though I accidentally got off one stop too early, I thought: Hey look at you, you're doing public transit almost by yourself. (Yeah, my sister and favorite tour guide was giving me google map pictures of the route, but whatever)

And then I hopped on the train and went the correct direction! (No mean feat for me.)

And I left the train station and walked out to see the hotel I was looking for, right across from the train. Except for it was the wrong Hilton. Ahem. There are apparently a dozen Hiltons in this town!

So I mapped the route to the correct joint and started walking thinking "Oh it can't be too far." Except that it was forever. And after walking a couple miles (in high heeled boots, for the record) and turning into a California popsicle, I thought it best to hail a cab.

But. I got to see the above gorgeous view of Chicago. Sometimes I love the things I see while lost.

xoxo,
shawna

NaBloPoMo posts
11/1-  Tag, I'm it for NaBloPoMo
11/2-  An airplane fairy with Cessna wings
11/3-  Practically health food: Banana oat Nutella muffins
11/4-  10 things I want to accomplish in the next 57 days of 2014
11/5-  Closet shopping as diet motivation?
11/6-  13 things my spring gardener self needs to remember
11/7-  Short cross-country solo flying
11/8-  Peppermint oil: A rather useless squirrel deterrent 
11/9-  Loving an old man dog
11/10- The Other Typist: A sophisticated Prohibition-era mystery
11/11- My thanks to those who serve
11/12- Infuriating: TIME puts "feminist" on the list of potential words to ban in 2015
11/13- I wanted to be a ballerina when I grew up
11/14- That one time I was a mermaid
11/15- Kermit the Frog as Jean Valjean
11/16- It's okay to hate squash and other things I like about adulthood
11/17- Random, with a side of controversial
11/18- Calling all teens: Above the Fray wants to know about your online life
11/19- A grateful heart: My favorite tour guide

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,