Help, I'm married to a humbug

Hers and his. Christmas in the foreground and T's audio project to the back.
Last week I wrote this sweet and naive post about how humbugs and elves could coexist. Well that was before the Christmas boxes, movies and music started to come out. Now, I'm singing a different tune.

In fact, I'm tempted to change "Mr. T" to "Mr. Grinch" for the remainder of the holiday season.

Yesterday as I relished a few hours of decorating whilst watching A White Christmas, I kept hearing grumbles from T's work table where he was wiring and soldering a new piece of audio equipment. Whenever I would laugh or sing along with the TV--it's Christmas, leave me alone--the grumbles would get louder! Soon me, Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye were all being mocked with regularity. The nerve.

I love the juxtaposition of Christmas crazy and audiophile obsession.
Of course, T does tolerate my Christmas crazy. And he does buy into traditions like Christmas waffles and cookie decorating. And he definitely gets into the White Elephant extravaganza. So even though he wouldn't admit it, he can't be all Humbug. Right?

xoxo,
shawna

 National Blog Posting Month:
Day 1- National Blog Posting Month on BlogHer: I'm in
Day 2- Project Green Thumbs Season 5, winter edition!
Day 3- Things I'd rather do instead of "killing my darlings"

Day 4- A grateful heart: A man who understands writing deadlines
Day 5- Velveting: The secret to restaurant quality Chinese chicken

Day 6- Note: "Tea bagger" is NOT the same as "tea party" 
Day 7- A moment in travel
Day 8- Fall in the desert
Day 9- The world's best salted caramel brownies
Day 10- It's not everyday someone throws a fish at you: Berryessa Gap Paella Cook-off
Day 11- Thank you, veterans
Day 12- Flying history: Buzzing around in the Boeing Stearman biplane
Day 13- How to not go broke with an e-reader, aka why I heart the public library
Day 14- Cliteracy
Day 15- A journaling fool
Day 16- Humbugs and elves can coexist, I swear
Day 17- 11 tips for taking the stress out of airport security
Day 18- Fly Girl in Training: Finding AvGeek community on Southwest Airlines
Day 19- Photos: A day in Washington, D.C.
Day 20- Giving thanks where it's due
Day 21- A grateful heart: Breathtaking sky views
Day 22- Dealing blood donation rejection and iron-deficient anemia
Day 23: A grateful heart: Getting featured on BlogHer
Day 24: Fly Girl in Training: Flying a Bonanza over the Golden Gate Bridge
Day 25: The phone call that changed my entire life
Day 26: Flying turkeys!
Day 27: Project Green Thumbs: Winter garden report

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,