The Daily Pixel: A week of "Fall"

This morning I submitted my first academic job application. (Ah!) I add the notation "academic" because my historical experience applying for jobs has involved relatively short forms to fill out, polished resumes, references. Effort, surely, but not a huge amount. The academic job thing? A whole 'nother story. Today's package included: a two-page, carefully crafted letter of introduction, a two-page, carefully crafted statement of research, CV, transcripts, research paper samples and 61-page teaching portfolio (made lengthy by the inclusion of all course evaluation printouts). Plus, letters of recommendation are being sent in separately. Quite a pile-o-paperwork, my friends!

To distract myself from the stress of compiling applications (and then sitting on pins and needles waiting), I've been taking lots of pretty pictures, per usual...

#264- Sep 20- Before the attack
Caught this itty bitty critter hanging out on the cacti. Her cousin tried to eat me a couple days later. 
#265- Sep 21- Does coffee taste better from a TARDIS?

#266- Sep 22- Birthday fun
Stan modeling goofy glasses at our friend Nick's birthday party. 
#267- Sep 23- iPhone 5 day!
Yes, thanks to Mr. T's quick ordering skills, we are now iPhone 5 users. It's quite a departure from Android territory, but I'm getting used to it! 
#268- Sep 24- A little Fall flavor
In my continued campaign for it to actually be Fall, I made a divine batch of wild mushroom soup. It's still forecasted to be nearly 100 degrees in Sacramento this week. Arrrggghhhh.
#269- Sep 25- My first successful pot roast
After a couple disaster attempts, I finally got this recipe right. I cooked it for an additional two hours though. Next time, I'll add more spice and include mushrooms during the cooking (instead of sauteing afterwards). 
#270- Sep 26- Pretty pansies
One week out and still alive, despite the heat.
#271- Sep 27- Hair for Autumn
Thank you, Marm, for the lovely color job. And thank you, new iPhone 5 app, for the flattering filter for my self-portrait. 
#272- Sep 28- Flying the friendly skies
Sunrise over the Sierras.
#273- Sep 29- Because Mr. T won't let me have a real one
Itty bitty hedgehogs. I die.
xoxo,
shawna

More pixels!
#245-#263- Sweet September
#236-244- Once in a blue moon
#226-235- Hot, hot heat
#215-225- Domestic bliss
#201-214- The mostly airplane edition

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,