The Daily Pixel #23- Kale chips, a surprisingly superb snack

I really try to be open-minded about new cuisine but when I heard someone recently claim that kale chips were "super tasty," I admit feeling skeptical. How can lawn clippings, even in chip form, be tasty? Do recall that I'm fairly new to leafy greens.

Well, I rescind my incredulity. Kale chips are damn good, so long as you aren't trying to magic them into potato chips. They are light and savory with a satisfying, albeit papery-thin crunch. Oh and did I mention highly nutritious and easy to make? (Surely my eating kale chips this evening makes up for the two cinnamon rolls this morning...)

January 23, 2012
To prepare kale chips, preheat the oven to 350. On a parchment lined cookie sheet, place well-dried kale torn into bite-sized chunks with thick stems removed. Drizzle with olive oil or spritz with cooking spray (you can also shake the kale/oil in a plastic bag first). Season with your favorite spices. I used a bit of salt, and a healthy helping of cayenne and garlic powder. Bake for 10-ish minutes until crispy but not burned. Enjoy!
xoxo,
shawna

The Daily Pixel- January 22, 2012- The best way to spend 1,000 calories
The Daily Pixel- January 21, 2012- Trying not to hate my winter garden
The Daily Pixel- January 20, 2012- Attack of the 50 millimeter monster The Daily Pixel- January 13-19, 2012- Diapers, dogs, travel and gardening, oh my 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,