Confession: I love surveys. Love! I couldn't tell you why except that the randomness quotient generally pleases me and I can blog about them quickly without thinking too hard (Was I not supposed to say that out loud?). Stolen surveys are especially fun, like this Thursday 13
one that I found from Restless Vagabond
, who apparently stole it from somewhere else. Love it!
1. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated? 14-ish years. But who's counting?
2. Ever been in a car wreck? Yup. I rolled a Honda Civic once. It wasn't exactly a wreck really as no one else was involved and I didn't exactly hit anything. But Go Honda! I rolled the thing, it landed wheels-down, still running, and I pulled to the shoulder before getting out and bawling like a baby.
|Some of my ladies! Emily, Shannon and Heather. |
Heather and my SAA friends I've known since 7th grade. Whoa.
Technically, Shan and I have only been friends since 2004, but
since we're soulmates, I'm grandfathering her in to my lifelong
friend group. Photo from a tasty tapas restaurant in Napa.
3. Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more? Sure.
4. Are you a good tipper?
Like a Rockefeller. Only it may be less that I'm generous and more that I'm bad at math. Ha! Really, I'm a solid 20%-er for full service things like restaurant dining and spa services, etc. I also try to tip housekeepers in hotels because I know they make just about nothing in wages and work incredibly hard so I don't have to.
5. Have you ever peed in public?
What kind of question is this? In the wild or in a public restroom?
6. What song do you want played at your funeral? Tell Me Something Good
by Rufus and Chaka Kahn. I want my funeral to be a life celebration, even if it's tomorrow, and that song makes me happy.
7. Would you tell your parents if you were gay? As a married straight chick, I say "Sure" but it's far too easy to think that as a member of the dominant heteronormative hegemony.
|Forget other food, I'm certain I'd be content with just pie for a|
last meal. Found found here.
9. Beatles or Stones? Beatles.
10. If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be? Ooo, I can't go revealing my real inner monster here so I shall be political. I would pick the person who wants to die. I'm thinking about "dying with dignity" legislation and people's right to die... I believe people who want to die should be allowed to do so.
11. Beer, wine or hard liquor? Mr. Mackey
says alcohol is baaaad, mmkay?
12. Do you have any phobias?
Nothing clinical but I'd venture a guess I have a mild form of misophonia
. You've seen my rant
on gum popping
13. What are your plans for the future? The immediate future? Re-revising a manuscript under review for publication (yay!), finishing my dissertation proposal draft, and baking cookies for the Young Eagles flying day this weekend. Over the next few years... writing a dissertation, earning a PhD, getting tenure, having lots of sex and babies (name that movie!).
Labels: Food, friends, Mr. T, Randomness, South Park, surveys, Things That Make Me Happy, Thursday 13