Thursday 13: Shawna's last meal(s)

I happened upon Karen's fabulous Thursday 13 featuring her pre-meditated "last meal." You know, just in case she ends up on death row one of these days. As I love food, I thought I'd join in...

The 13 things I would request if I were facing the firing squad:


In no particular order:
1. My grandma's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
2. My mom's spaghetti sauce.
3. Steamed artichokes and butter.
4. My dad's rigatoni.
5. Deep fried calamari and spicy aioli.
6. Risotto from Grange.
7. The Cookie.
8. Blackberry pie.
9. Jamocha almond fudge ice cream from Baskin Robbins.
10. A petite filet, medium rare.
11. Tom Russell's grilled vegetables.
12. Fresh tomatoes from my garden drizzled in balsamic vinegar and fresh basil.
13. One perfect lemon drop.

As I free-wrote this list, it occurred to me that I could probably pen 10 separate "last meal" lists and still have more favorites to add. I suppose I will just have to avoid the firing squad and keeping eating while I'm on the outside. ;)

xoxo,
shawna

Labels: ,