A friendly note from the FAA

"What did you do?!" I exclaimed as Mr. T flipped through the mail and remarked that a manila envelope from the FAA was tucked in between the bills and junk.

Now, I imagined that correspondence from the Federal Aviation Administration must have spelled some type of infraction on T's part. What, I couldn't tell you, because T is the most competent and careful pilot I know.

Since my gloved hands were covered in garden soil, T held out the envelope, noting it had my name on it. "What did YOU do?!" he exclaimed.

I posted on Twitter, that's what.

Yep, that's me, the @Bluestmuse goofball cheesing out toward the end of my solo short cross-country flight last summer. Read about that adventure here
It took me a minute to remember but I recalled a message from an FAA employee a month prior asking if they could use one of my Twitter pics on the cover of their FAA Safety Briefing magazine. I agreed and promptly forgot.

Hopefully all of my future FAA mail will be this random and cool.

xoxo,
shawna

Fly Girl in Training things:

NaBloPoMo May 2015
May 1To selfie or not to selfie
May 2- Helping things grow
May 3- All the feels
May 4- When your imagination wears you out
May 5- 'How Porcupines Make Love': Because, why not?
May 6- A man who makes me laugh
May 7- That elusive quality of nature
May 8- Sky Ops Surprise: That one time I was an under-cover agent
May 9- Family, love and light
May 10- A Mother's Day trio
May 11- Spring in full burst
May 12- Fixing my tomato mistakes
May 13- Flowers in a drought
May 14- Baked cheesy pasta and caramelized cauliflower, yes please
May 15- Hangar time
May 16- Making a SacStatement

NaBloPoMo May 2015


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,