One month to finish all the things

Well, crap.

It just occurred to me that putting up Christmas decor = almost December = end of the year = I ONLY HAVE ONE MONTH LEFT TO FINISH ALL THE 2013 GOALS!

The all-caps should indicate to you, dear reader, that I am nowhere close to finishing said goals.

I've done a few things, of course. For instance:

- Reading more than 30 non-school books
- Taking flying lessons
- Flying solo
- Making a backyard plan
- Composting
- FINISHING THE PH.D.

Woo.

Other things like "try 75 new recipes," "write in journal every day," "exercise three times per week, minimum," "lower BMI to 22" and "master gnocchi"... hmm, not so much. In fact, I've still got 62 available goals left to accomplish (from a list of 91, FYI).

Well I love nothing more than a self-imposed challenge, so I'm committing to finishing at least 10 more goals by the end of the year.

Likely candidates:
- Re-resubmit peer relationships article
- Organize library cupboard
- Scrub and seal kitchen grout
- Learn how to make a good pie crust
- Make lemon meringue pie
- Organize recipes
- Organize spare bedroom closet
- Find bedroom lamps
- Fly to a new destination
- Submit a diss-related paper for publication

Wish me luck!

xoxo,
shawna

Productivity and Goals 
National Blog Posting Month:
Day 1- National Blog Posting Month on BlogHer: I'm in
Day 2- Project Green Thumbs Season 5, winter edition!
Day 3- Things I'd rather do instead of "killing my darlings"

Day 4- A grateful heart: A man who understands writing deadlines
Day 5- Velveting: The secret to restaurant quality Chinese chicken

Day 6- Note: "Tea bagger" is NOT the same as "tea party" 
Day 7- A moment in travel
Day 8- Fall in the desert
Day 9- The world's best salted caramel brownies
Day 10- It's not everyday someone throws a fish at you: Berryessa Gap Paella Cook-off
Day 11- Thank you, veterans
Day 12- Flying history: Buzzing around in the Boeing Stearman biplane
Day 13- How to not go broke with an e-reader, aka why I heart the public library
Day 14- Cliteracy
Day 15- A journaling fool
Day 16- Humbugs and elves can coexist, I swear
Day 17- 11 tips for taking the stress out of airport security
Day 18- Fly Girl in Training: Finding AvGeek community on Southwest Airlines
Day 19- Photos: A day in Washington, D.C.
Day 20- Giving thanks where it's due
Day 21- A grateful heart: Breathtaking sky views
Day 22- Dealing blood donation rejection and iron-deficient anemia
Day 23: A grateful heart: Getting featured on BlogHer
Day 24: Fly Girl in Training: Flying a Bonanza over the Golden Gate Bridge
Day 25: The phone call that changed my entire life
Day 26: Flying turkeys!
Day 27: Project Green Thumbs: Winter garden report
Day 28: Help, I'm married to a humbug

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,