The Daily Pixel- A week and three states

After another five days spent on the road and in the air, I can't overstate the joy of waking up in my own bed today. Looking back over the last week, I also can't help but smile at the memories, momentous and mundane. Here's a peek:

#48- February 17, 2012- Visit your husband at work day
Last week, I brought a busy Mr. T lunch at work. During that time, I got to witness him have a conversation with a coworker that was apparently in English but I comprehended none of it. I wish I could have recorded it for my class to demonstrate the exclusionary power of jargon! 
#49- February 18, 2012- Surprise!/"30 is the new 60"
A fuzzy baby Ryan at mom, Heather's, surprise 30th birthday party. For the record, I took about 50 pictures of the "30 is the new 60" bash planned by her wonderful hubby, Dan, but none were on my camera! 
#50- February 19, 2012- Another day, another Southwest plane
I forgot Sunday means flying family day and I shared the plane to San Diego/Albuquerque with about 17 strollered passengers. 
#51- February 20, 2012- Albuquerque, kinda
Visited Albuquerque, NM for the Western States Communication Association convention. Didn't see much of the town except for what lied between the Hyatt and Double Tree hotels.
#52- February 21, 2012- Ingram/Foster Biplane
Naturally, I gravitated towards the cool art/exhibits at the Albuquerque Airport.
#53- February 22, 2012- A firetruck made me do it
Now, people may think I got "busted" buying extra thin mints in Arizona (considering that T already ordered some boxes from a local scout) but a firetruck made me do it! The scouts were set up on campus at ASU (genius by the way) when an emergency vehicle came barreling through the quad as I walked by. I *had* to step aside (next to the cookies) and I *had* to listen to the pint sized sales pitches, and I *had* to do my part and buy a couple boxes. Right?
#54- February 23, 2012- "Winter" in Arizona
By the time I left yesterday, the temps shot into the 80s and I noticed undergrads sunbathing around campus. Yes, folks, this is "winter" in Arizona. Not bad!
xoxo,
shawna

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,