A Grateful Heart: It's them little things that count

Despite the fact that I woke up at 4 a.m. to catch a 6 a.m. flight today, I'm feeling quite chipper. And it's not even the caffeine, although that's been plentiful, too. I'm just feeling blessed this week. And you know, it's them little things.

For instance:
Have I mentioned how much I love our grill?!


  • Somehow, the rain led to a beautiful 75-degree day that I spent a part of in M-5's green house (aka sauna) planting starter seeds for my first winter garden.
  • Sewing was followed by a 5-mile talk-and-walk with a dear friend and mentor where we devised plans not only to be wildly successful, but also to kick our health and wellness into high gear (aka Shawna will finally fit into her pants before winter sets in, I swear!)
  • And then today I found out that I got an excellent new class to teach next semester (Intro to Interpersonal Communication) in the PERFECT time slot (Wednesday evenings) which means I will only have to stay the night in Phoenix once a week next semester. Woo to the HOO! (Yes, I actually wrote that. I told you, I'm excited.)

  • I'm sure there are 14 more little things that I'm grateful for, but there's a smattering off the top of my head. What are you grateful for today? Do tell.


    xoxo,
    shawna

    * Husbands: Seriously, do random of acts of helping around the house. It is MORE than appreciated.

    Labels: , , , , , , ,