Thursday 13: A wedding in 13+ frames

School is in session so I'm going for the give-me blog post for this Thursday 13: Wedding pics! The love fest continues with more remarkable images from the fabulous Beth of True Love Photo.

1. Getting ready and seriously excited that the dress fits. (Stop rolling your eyes. Five weeks before the wedding, I seriously couldn't breathe. Thank the Lord above for Jared Elarmo, the best personal trainer dude in the world.)
2. The seriously hot bridal party. Can you see the influence of my early childhood obsession with Robert Palmer? My first words after "Mama and Dada" were "Dic-dic love." And no, perverts, that's short for Addicted to Love!
3. This photo from Sue Wiseman depicts the madness of a DIY affair. Thank you SO much to Sue and Michele Lawrence for getting the decor situated for us!
4. We did pre-ceremony photos. This is from the "big reveal" part of the festivities. Mmmm.
5. Love these ladies. Sister B and Marm.
6. My ladies walked out to Sprach Zarathustra, aka the opening theme to 2001 A Space Odyssey. (Yes, I am that dorky.) I trotted down to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by  Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole. 


7. Vows! I found out after the wedding that T forgot his vows at home. He realized at 5:25 p.m. and hurriedly re-wrote them. I had no idea at the time!
8. We made it! Recessional: Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" 
9. Who falls down in their wedding dress? One of my favorite moments. And no grass stains, in case you wonder.
10. LOVE! I love all of the expressions.
11. SMASH. Tee hee.
12. Reception at the California Aerospace Museum. A fabulous venue!
12.5 DJ Blaine Davis, the Sundance Kid, launched a super cool dance party. He was a completely professional, creative DJ, not to mention a wonderful friend.
13. It only took 8 people to lift me. 
13.5 Dancing at the aviation museum.
13.5.1 Yummy light and cool warbirds everywhere.
13.5.1.2 So, we couldn't agree on a first dance song the month or week or day before. And then we forgot to pick one so about 5 minutes before, we chose my fall-back: "A Kiss to Build a Dream On" by Louis Armstrong. Huge bonus points for Beth for making it look as if we can actually dance! 
xoxo,
shawna

Labels: , , , , , , ,