Spring joy in photos

Blooms from a flowering pear tree, which while beautiful, smells, ahem, indecently musty.
If you're like me (and most of the people I know), this week has been challenging on the fatigue front. Why should a one hour time change throw us off so dramatically?? I don't know, but it does. And I hate it! Someone should petition the White House to abolish time changing, STAT. Please. Seriously!

In addition to whining and yawning, this week has been filled with bursts of Spring joy for me. Flowers and greenery, woodland creatures (that I more or less tolerate), sunshine. I'm feeling lucky and terribly eager to get out and play in the dirt.
The squirrel who knocked down my new bird feeder and instead of eating all the available acorns on the ground (of which there are still hundreds), digs in my flowers! I sent a vicious (toothless) hunter after him, don't worry.
Planted hosta bulbs over the last few weeks. I've got "sum and substance" and "bressingham blue," both large varietals. Love, love, love the foliage so far!

"It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Japanese Maples in bloom!
Remind me how much I love this season when my allergies kick up, okay?
Planted at the same time as the hostas, an Astilbe Federsee.
Spring joy is soon going to be Spring fever. I don't want to work, I want to be outside playing!
The crimsonest of our four types of Japanese Maples.
xoxo,
shawna

Gardening things:
The number one rule of gardening
The pursuit of perennial curb appeal
Domestic bliss
Stalking hummingbirds, my new profession
Weekend warriors
Tips, tricks and warnings for growing tomatoes
Front yard veggie gardening




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,