Need a new go-to pasta side dish? One that can liven up a boring Tuesday night chicken breast dinner? One that tastes like it came directly from an Italian bistro? This is it.
|This 25 minute creamy cheesy garlic pasta reminds me of the Olive Garden|
pasta that accompanies their chicken scampi, which, incidentally, is the
only thing I really like at that restaurant.
This pasta is creamy, cheesy, garlicky and best of all, EASY. You can put it together in 25 minutes flat (so long as you don't burn your garlic like I did, ahem). Annnd, I made it a bit lighter than the original. Try it this week!
(Do note that if, by chance, you have leftovers, they reheat surprisingly well.)
An Olive Garden knock-off: Lightened up creamy garlic pasta
Adapted from The Cheese Pusher
Time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 4 as a side dish, 2 as a main
2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2.75-3 cups chicken or veggie stock
1/2 lb spaghetti or angel hair
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese or a mix of Parmesan/Asiago/Romano
3/4 cup sour cream (NOT fat free)
2 tbsp chopped basil
red pepper flakes
1. In a pot set over medium-low heat, warm up the olive oil. (Keep it on the low side.)
2. Add the garlic and stir until it becomes aromatic. (Do NOT burn/brown, like I did. If you do, start over.)
3. Mix in butter until melted.
4. Add salt, pepper and stock. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil
5. Add pasta and cook according to the package directions.
6. Reduce the stove to medium heat and mix in the cheese until completely melted.
7. Turn off the heat, add the sour cream.
8. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and basil. Serve immediately.
Other tasty recipes:
Labels: asiago, cheese, cheesy, creamy, dinner, easy, fast, Food, Food and Wine, Olive Garden, parmesan, pasta, personal, side dish, spaghetti