Top Secret Starbucks knock-off. Now, if you want a less lemony and delicious version, feel free to use the original, but don't tell me about it, okay?
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2-3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoon butter, softened
2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon extract
1/3 cups fresh lemon juice
1/2 cups canola oil
Zest of two lemons (do not skip this!)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a second bowl, use a mixer to combine the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice and zest.
3. Pour wet ingredient into the dry ingredients, blend until smooth.
4. Add oil and mix well.
5. Pour batter into a well greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. (Also consider lining with parchment)
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool loaf completely.
8. To make icing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on low.
9. Drizzle icing over loaf and let set before slicing. For a frosting-like consistency, use more powdered sugar.
More desserts you might like:
Tart, luscious and light (!) lemon bars
Better Than Sex cake
Rock Road bars
The best way to spend 1,000 calories