#343- Dec 8- The saddest little garland in the world
| Mmk. I'm just going to go ahead and say it: I am the best chicken roaster, ever. You can be, too, with this recipe. |
| Isn't this the most cheerful advertisement in the world? It was meant for our elderly neighbors but got caught up in our stack of junk mail. Yikes. |
| You can almost hear Meena and Betty snoring. |
| Pansy power! |
| Turns out where I suck at snowflake making, I excel at Christmas tree cone decorating. |
| I blended Smitten Kitchen's recipe with the one on the oatmeal container. Pretty scrumptious, although a little heavy on the nutmeg and clove for my taste. |
| I go a little nuts with baked goods during the holidays, crafting pumpkin pear and pineapple banana nut loaves for Mr. T's colleagues at work. This year I discovered paper baking trays... HELLO fabulous. More on that later. |
| I shudder to think how many pretty little calories were on my counter. At least a million. |
| Made my semi-annual trek to Ukiah to visit friends. Sushi, girl talk and Christmas cookies are good for the soul! |
#355- Dec 20- The 11 p.m.-I-almost-forgot-to-take-a-picture picture
| One New Year's goal is to organize our library and the cabinets underneath! |
| When I woke up yesterday, the house was illuminated with soft red light. I admit wondering "Maybe the Mayans were right" as I crept through to the living room. While others in town caught photos of "doomsday rainbows," I saw a spectacular this-picture-doesn't-do-it-justice sunrise. Later, while uploading the photo to Facebook, I said "Pretty sunrise." Mr. T replied, "The wall of destruction, moving westward." Perpetually cheerful, that one. |
shawna
No comments:
Post a Comment