|The equivalent of my "I voted" sticker, thank|
you, Starbucks. I do question the sentiment,
1. Russell "The Muscle" Dovich's amazing recovery. Baby Russell not only survived heart surgery at just two weeks old, he's been making excellent progress thanks to a number of remarkable people including his parents (my friends Holly and Adam), his grandparents, aunties and uncles, and a team of fantastic caregivers. HOORAY!
2. The end of another election cycle. I'm frankly very nervous about the country's financial future but I'm at least glad that the disgusting ads will go away. For awhile.
3. Dr. Geeta Nemmer's spectacular dissertation defense. Geeta kicked ass this week discussing her book about South Asian American daughters' privacy management with their parents. So proud of my sensationally smart friend!
|Celebrating Geeta's victory at our happy place, Bosa Donuts in Tempe.|
4. A brilliant dentist. Although he made me get braces (truly, he teased me about my "crooked" teeth for years), Tim Mickiewicz is a TMJ-fixer extraordinaire. Thanks to a really bad flare up, I've been dealing with headaches and jaw pain for the last month (indeed, I bit through a retainer last month!). But with Dr. Mick's help, I seem to be on the mend.
5. NaNoWriMo. All hail National Novel Writing Month! Thanks in part to this wonderful group, I'm actually writing my dissertation! Miracles, I tell you. (See here for details.)
|The stand-up desk requires good footwear|
and a squishy mat to stand on.
7. Creative recipes. In the last few weeks, I've made lemon-thyme green bean pasta salad with golden balsamic vinaigrette, surprisingly fabulous lemon garlic brussels sprouts (this coming from a devout sprout hater), and brown butter vanilla bean rice krispy treats. Stay tuned for recipes. The yumminess may very well overwhelm you.
|I've been prettifying the front porch. T thinks I'm obsessed with ceramic|
pots. He may very well be correct.
9. Flower power. In addition to eating (see number 7 above), apparently I garden to manage stress. Lately that means pansies and azaleas. And snapdragons. And mums. And an asparagus fern. And, and, and. I'm grateful for such a pretty outlet.