As you may know, I celebrate New Year's by making an obscenely long list of goals. This year, I ended up with 95 to-dos in four categories: self-improvement/hobbies, household/home improvement, school, Mr. T & me. Note: I think I started with 60-ish goals, many of them gimmes in the school department (e.g. "defend prospectus," "gather dissertation data"). I add/change throughout the year.
In any case, I've completed 60 goals so far, including "Read 25 Non-School Books, "Take a Picture Every Day," "Paint the Bedroom," "Earn an Academic Award," "Fly Somewhere New" and (don't pass out now) "Exercise Three Times Per Week."
|My 2012 goal of less procrastinating? Still laughing.|
Of the 35 goals unchecked, I'm hoping to accomplish the following:
- Make Boeuf Bourguignon (Originally I planned to make Julia Child's version, but I found a recipe that looks even more intriguing.) Guess who bought stew meat yesterday??
- Sell or donate wedding dress. Anyone in the market for a gorgeous, street size 8 ball gown?
- Write dissertation findings chapters. Thank you, NaNoWriMo, these are almost done!
- Write dissertation analysis/discussion. Thank you, NaNoWriMo, this is on the way!
- Send one snail mail letter per week. I'm cheating here because I'm going to count Christmas cards as letters. ha!
- Use up pantry stores. (Before things expire!)
- Take stuff to Goodwill
- Organize garage stuff. (Just the giant stack of Shawna boxes, not the Mr. T spaces. Although that might be amusing given my penchant for making piles.)
What are you hoping to get done before year's end?