2012 resolution round-up: Still time to check 'em off the list

Photo credit.
Not to freak you out or anything, but there are 35 days left in 2012. 35 days! That's just over a month to get my 2012 to-do list done. (HA!)

As you may know, I celebrate New Year's by making an obscenely long list of goals. This year, I ended up with 95 to-dos in four categories: self-improvement/hobbies, household/home improvement, school, Mr. T & me. Note: I think I started with 60-ish goals, many of them gimmes in the school department (e.g. "defend prospectus," "gather dissertation data"). I add/change throughout the year.

In any case, I've completed 60 goals so far, including "Read 25 Non-School Books, "Take a Picture Every Day," "Paint the Bedroom," "Earn an Academic Award," "Fly Somewhere New" and (don't pass out now) "Exercise Three Times Per Week."

My 2012 goal of less procrastinating? Still laughing.
So what's left, you ask? Oh lots of fun things that probably won't get done like "Revise and Resubmit Thesis," "Try 75 New Recipes" (I'm up to 39), "Get to Goal Weight" (HA!), "Start Work on the Back 40" and "Maintain 100 Blog Followers."

Of the 35 goals unchecked, I'm hoping to accomplish the following:

- Make Boeuf Bourguignon (Originally I planned to make Julia Child's version, but I found a recipe that looks even more intriguing.) Guess who bought stew meat yesterday??
- Sell or donate wedding dress. Anyone in the market for a gorgeous, street size 8 ball gown?
- Write dissertation findings chapters. Thank you, NaNoWriMo, these are almost done!
- Write dissertation analysis/discussion. Thank you, NaNoWriMo, this is on the way!
- Send one snail mail letter per week. I'm cheating here because I'm going to count Christmas cards as letters. ha!
- Use up pantry stores. (Before things expire!)
- Take stuff to Goodwill
- Organize garage stuff. (Just the giant stack of Shawna boxes, not the Mr. T spaces. Although that might be amusing given my penchant for making piles.)

What are you hoping to get done before year's end?

xo!
shawna

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,