Hello from Alaska!

Three days into our Alaska adventure, and I must tell you, I love this place! We've bebopped around the Kenai Peninsula, hiking, horseback riding and, of course, eating. If you have a chance, do not pass up a visit to Alaska. Just incredible!

We're hanging out in Anchorage for a few hours before traveling to Whittier to catch our cruise ship, but I thought I'd share a few snaps of our travels so far... A zillion more pictures to come!

Cooper Landing, AK. We ate at the Kingfisher and enjoyed potpies--salmon for everyone else, chicken for me!
Bardy's Trail Ride through Seward. Breathtaking vistas of sea and mountains, and quite a few bald eagles!
Seward, Alaska.

Apples foster at the Kingfisher. Granny smith apples and homemade caramel sauce. Oh. My.
Alaska fashion!
Yeah, I'm on a horse. Of the riders in our group, I was the only one with zero experience so I was on Buddy, the 16-year-old arthritic mutt horse. He was a love though!
View from our bed and breakfast, The Inn at Tern Lake in Moose Pass, Alaska. The proprietors, Jeff and Rose, are lovely people with a comfortable home set in the most idyllic locale. More on that soon.
That's all for now!

xoxo,
shawna

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,