As I sift through the related piles of papers waiting to be graded, the interviews needing to be transcribed and analyzed, and the manuscripts begging to be edited and sent out, it seems a perfect time to think about Spring and Thursday 13 things that have happened this month (ha).
1. Recent reads: The Hunger Games series. Color me skeptical, but a series about kids killing each other did not sound like a good time. After dragging my heels, I admit, I loved the books! Should probably see the movie before it disappears from theaters.
3. Musical obsession: Okay, so I'm on the Gotye bandwagon, I can't help myself. I went out and bought his latest CD and I mostly love it. Also, I created a Gotye station on Pandora... LOVE it!
4. A recent splurge: Not one but two cute pairs of shoes... on sale mind you. And appropriate for school/work. I did admit to the cashier, "I left the house for groceries. How did I end up here?"
5. Movies watched: The Time Traveler's Wife and Horrible Bosses. I can tell we've been busy when our Netflix envelope stays on the counter for weeks at a time.
6. A delicious dish: Cheesy potato soup. Now, this was supposed to be healthy(ish) potato leek soup, but after getting home from the grocery store, I realized I bought everything except leeks. (Apparently I used up my memory power buying cute shoes, see #4 above.)
7. Nerdgasms: Attended the Qualitative Research in Management and Organization conference in Albuquerque at the beginning of the month. SUCH a cool conference... very small and intimate, with long sessions and time for actually having conversation. Which makes my most embarrassing conference presentation moment (see here) even more mortifying. Ah well.
8. Heartbreak: Lost a friend to suicide.
|The rest of the squares are now filled with seeds, and I'm praying the|
recent Sacramento storms haven't displaced all of my effort!
10. Something I'm looking forward to: The West Coast Ravens RV Formation Flying Clinic this weekend! T's organizing and flying, and I'll be photographing and spectating. I think there will be 50 or 60 pilots involved. Stay tuned for a ton of photos! (Photos from last year's event here.)
12. Most embarrassing teaching moment: Accidentally telling my students I was a stripper (full story here). I aim to be memorable, but wow.
13. On the horizon: Dissertation, dissertation, dissertation. If you know of any TSA agents who might like to chat about their jobs, send me a note! (Seriously: bluestmuse(at)gmail(dot)com