1. Ipod Nano-
Not really contributing to the weight quotient, I am thrilled to name the nano in my purse's contents. A relatively recent addition, the nano replaces my mini, and is the only thing that positively influences my purse's weight. Yay for chicklet music devices! (And thank you T for keeping me in tunes.)
2. Ziploc of happiness-
It is a strange day if you can't find some kind of nibble in my purse. This week, it's a bag filled with 23 (remaining) peanut M&Ms.
3. Writing implements-
Four highlighters, three ink pens (one blue, one pink, one black), one red felt marker, one crayola. I'm a grad student, highlighters are part of my DNA.
Two packs of Orbit gum for minty fresh breath.
It's important to stay safe, especially as a woman traveling and walking alone a lot of the time. Last year, T equipped me with two cans of mace
. Let's hope I never have to use them!
Significantly contributing to the overall weight of my purse is $6.43 in change. Mostly non-quarters. Ugh.
- I'm surprised how often someone asks me for floss without realizing I never leave the house without it.
8. Ticket stubs
- National Championship Air Races, Avatar, Sherlock Holmes, New Moon
, EAA Oshkosh. I'm a serious pack rat and tend to keep stubs and programs from most events. Mem-ries! Case in point: I think I have ticket stubs for every movie I've ever seen. Ever. (I'm weird, I know it already.)
9. Sanitizing products
- Alcohol gel, Wet Ones, alcohol wipes, I am set to kill germs in a hurry! Although the little bottle of gel contributes to the clunkiness and weight of the bag, it is a necessity.
- At current count, there is: one chapstick, three identical lip glosses and four tubes of lipstick. I am always ready to pretty-up my pout, but I admit, the chapstick is the most frequently used item of that ilk.
- I was surprised by the coupons and gift cards hiding in my purse. Southwest drink coupons, gift cards to Dos and Border's, way-old gift certificates for Baskin Robbins (Pint for a pint from the blood bank!). I've found that if I don't carry them around, I never remember to use them, but they take up a boatload of space.
12. Digital recorder
- For use in recording project interviews (and spy work, of course), I've taken to carrying around my digital recorder this semester.
My lovely friend Kristi gave me a canister of Tokyo Milk
"solide" perfume for my birthday in June and I've carried it around ever since. As perfume is an oft-forgotten part of my beauty regimen, I'm always happy to have the pleasant rose scent at my disposal.
In outlining 13 random things in my bag, I am hard pressed to understand the need some of my lady students feel to keep the aura of mystery around the purse. Granted, I don't appreciate strangers fiddling with my things either, but I'm not hoarding anything too taboo. (Maybe that's just me!)
What randomness are YOU carrying around day-to-day?