On lists and resolutions

My garden in happier times.

Every year come December, I start to develop my resolutions/goals for the next year. Yeah, I admit the Type-A in me. I make a spreadsheet with 1-year, 5-year, 10-year and lifetime goals. I used to go so far as to organize them quarterly and assign due dates, but that was onerous. I barely have time to sleep during the school year, let alone keep track of self-imposed minutia. Well, it appears I haven't spent much time with my 2010 goal list in the last few months. I opened up my spreadsheet last night to log my time at the gym* and had the distinct pleasure of crossing a dozen things off the list!






I bring up the list, partly to note how satisfying crossing stuff off is en masse, but also to remind myself that it's not too late to accomplish 2010 goals. For instance, do you remember your New Year's resolutions? The year isn't over yet. We've got three full months to start working on exercising more, eating better, sleeping more, connecting with friends, writing letters, traveling, etc.

On that note, what do you hope to accomplish in the remaining months of 2010?

xoxo,
shawna


* 2010's goal was to continue going to the gym at least three times per week. I keep track of the day, activity and minutes exercising. It is pathetic that I stopped recording in JUNE! (Although, for the record, I was getting my ass regularly kicked by my trainer extraordinaire at the time)

** Nothing like using a goal sheet to plan a wedding. So many little things to tick off the list!

Labels: , , ,