Well, I blinked and the first year of my doctoral program is done. Someone pinch me, nothing is due today! ;)
To commemorate this fabulousness, here is a Thursday 13 snapshot of the last school year:
1. Classes Taken: Theory Construction in Communication Studies, Persuasion and Social Influence, Survey of Interpersonal Communication Theory, Negotiating Work/Life Through Communication, Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis (Ahhh!), Organizational Behavior, Independent Study Project on Physician Communication.
2. Classes Taught: Three sections of Small Group Communication, 1 section of Intro to Human Communication (assisted)
3. Number of flights home to Sacramento: 18
4. Bags of Southwest peanuts* consumed: 25+
5. Hours spent yakking to Mr. T on the phone: 63.9, approximately.
6. Pages written: 250, give or take
7. Pages read for class: 9,400, give or take (not including papers/research)
8. Hours spent working at Starbucks: Too many to count.
9. Things I liked: Meeting new people, being around other nerd types, discussing minutia that few other people in the world care about
10. Things I disliked: Classes that end at 9:40 p.m., discussing minutia that few other people in the world care about (myself included), overscheduling myself
11. Things I despised: Being away from Mr. T!, acquainting myself with the letter B.
12. Things I will change up for next year: My filing system for articles/papers (any suggestions??), the overbooking, the amount of time spent procrastinating versus being productive (ha!)
13. Goals for next year: To get published**, to conduct more of my own research, to run for office in student government, to get a top paper at a conference, to pick an advisor.
13.b- Pictures from this year!
Moving day and none too thrilled. Mr. T fueling up on caffeine in Needles. I think we'd been driving for 11 hours at this point. The beverage of choice when it's 118 degrees on moving day. Felt like a stranger in a strange land! There will soon be a cactus garden at the Malvini-Redden abode.
Labels: Cactus Land, Mr. T, school, Thursday 13