Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thursday 13: By the numbers

As I have a penchant for keeping track and counting down, I shall share some exciting (to me) numbers for this Thursday 13.

1. Days to the end of the semester:
12
Can't believe this year has gone by so quickly!

2. Days till I move to a new apartment:
13
Hooray for no more I-hate-my-neighbor blogs (hopefully) and NO cockroaches!

3. Days till I move HOME:
16
There aren't words to express how exciting this is!

4. Days till I put in my garden:
23
I know, it's nerdy but I'm totally excited to get my garden a-growin' again. Nothing beats fresh produce!

Last summer's rads. I'm pretty excited to play in the dirt!

5. Days till Flag Day* (this is for you Shan):
46
It's unknown why I'm fixated on Flag Day. I just can't help but remember it.

6. Days till my birthday (woohoo!):
55
I don't even mind being that much closer to 30.

7. Days till the wedding:
79
This could also be "Days to get back in shape" haha.

8. Days till the MOON: 80
Sedona, Santa Fe, Eureka Springs, Hannibal, Chilicothe, Oshkosh, Mackinac, Colorado Springs, Moab or bust! ;)

Man and his plane. The 182 is allllmost airworthy and ready for our adventure. Woowoo!

9. Days till my first Oshkosh Adventure:
87
I am preparing to be seriously impressed. I *was* excited to try cheese curds until I found out they weren't fried. Humph.

10. Days till we're on Mackinac Island (Sigh): 93
I'm threatening to wear poofy dresses and frilly hats. I know, I know.

11. Days till school starts again:
112
Huh??? No rest for the wicked I suppose.

12. Days till RENO! (also, T's bday weekend):
138
Pretty much my favorite weekend of the year. GO RARE BEAR!!

Rare Bear, my favorite Reno racer. We will totally win this year!

13. Days till I am Dr. Malvini Redden: 912 (Give or take)
Sounds interminable, but I think I'll make it. The last 365 have whizzed by!

xoxo,
shawna

P/S Wanna play? Visit Thursday Thirteen.



* Also Graden Wheeler's 2nd birthday!!

Photos by moi.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! you are really counting all of it seriously. I know that you can keep track all those things. I do appreciate.. I will also follow your strategy.. Nice list buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad's birthday is Flag Day. :)

    It is amazing how fast school flies by. My best friend is about to receive her M.F.A. and it literally feels like she just left for school a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of numbers! and what a future you have mapped out. You have a lot of cool things to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm, I would love some of your radishes, thank you!!!

    My thirteen is photos of historical homes in town. Come by to view if you'd like. I'd love your company today. My Tour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have a very full plate. Congrats on all your successes. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids are counting the hours- not the days :)

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/101-things-you-can-do-with-what/

    ReplyDelete
  7. In real life, I'm only actively counting down for number one. Cannot WAIT for a break. Of course, who am I kidding? As if life ever slows down, homework or not. (Boohooooo!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your prompt! this is unique :)
    in all ways

    Ticke me off Instantly

    ReplyDelete
  9. FLAG DAY...really??? For the record I am not surprised that you know how many days until Flag Day but I am surprised that you would share that you have this knowledge with everyone!

    Good to talk to you today.

    Love, S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just checking to see if you're reading honey! xo!

    ReplyDelete