And it's critical to my safety since your dervish-like side kicks and uppercuts seemed to gravitate toward me at every opportunity and I spent more time watching you than keeping up with the crescent kicks and air jacks.
To be clear: It doesn't mean inching toward your neighbor during combinations. It is not traveling backward when kicking. And it certainly doesn't involve following me when I find a new position 10 feet away. No, it definitely doesn't mean that.
So kickboxers and you, too, Zumba chicks, I beseech you: For my safety and yours (because I really am getting good at round houses), stay. in. your. spot.
That is all.
Other fitness class rants:
- "Stealing" someone's spot: Loathing and loving (?) fitness class characters
- Fitness class characters
- Zumba, where have you been all my life?
- Not all Zumba classes are created equal
- Braving Bikram: What I learned about hot yoga, day 1
- If Zumba fitness is your New Year's goal, don't stop dancing
- Diary of Mad Muscles
- Mad Muscle Redux